Current Cost EnviR Whole House Energy Monitor
|This premium quality whole house energy monitor tracks your energy usage in six second intervals. It quickly and easily shows your cost per day and cost per month.|
Purchase the EnviR Home Energy Monitor Today
|Current Cost EnviR - $129|
How the EnviR System Works
|Two CT-clamps measure your energy and send a wireless signal to the display. The Envi allows for easy installation everywhere.The EnviR‘s wireless system is designed to install quickly and give the user years of reliable and trouble free real time information.Two CT clamps surround electric cables. They sense energy levels through measurement of the magnetic field surrounding the wire. This magnetic field varies with the amount of power used.The CT clamps connect to a transmitter that sends a wireless signal to the display. It displays, stores and can send the data to a PC or Internet.|
|Go to http://my.currentcost.com to register for online home energy usage monitoring. This will give you instant real time analysis of your whole house energy usage. It is possible to monitor your energy usage from your mobile phone.|
Purchase the EnviR Home Energy Monitor Today!
|Current Cost EnviR - $129|
All of these kits are shipped for FREE in the United States. (We do not ship overseas) Canadian orders require a shipping charge…. which we can determine based on the delivery address.
(Except for Tennessee)
Contact us for discounts on bulk orders!
Installation Tips & Instructions
Other Current Cost EnviR Accessories:
The EnviR display unit can track up to 10 of these transmitters. The primary channel will be the whole house (channel 0), then you can track the AC/Heating on channel 2 (with one of these 2 CT clamp transmitters), and other large loads on the next individual channels. These are not revenue grade meters, but are accurate to within 1-2% normally. See product details here.
- The Transmitter can accept up to three CT Clamps and collects and transmits the data as channels 1,2 and 3. The transmitter sends a wireless signal up to 100 feet indoors or 300 feet line of sight.
- Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended. It may not be mandatory.
- The transmitter is not rated for outdoor use and must be protected from the weather at all times.
- The Transmitter is powered by 2 D size batteries with a 7 year rated life. Changing of the batteries requires the use of a small Philips screw driver.
- The transmitter assumes 120 volts for its KW calculations.
- North American model is designed for 120/240 VAC 60 Hz
- One CT clamp connected assumes 120 Volts
- Two Clamps connected assumes 240 Volts (2x120V)
- Three Clamps connected assumes 208V Three Phase
- To measure 480 Volt three phase installations simple multiply data by 2.3
NetSmart Web Bridge for Online Access to data:
The Current Cost NetSmart WebBridge connects the EnviR Monitor directly to your router using an Ethernet cable, automatic uploading data to the http://my.currentcost.com/ website. You will be able to monitor your electricity use from any Internet connected computer or web-enabled phone or tablet. Included is one power supply capable of powering both the bridge and the EnviR display, a 4′ Ethernet cable, and 10″ display-to-bridge connector. The online monitoring is free for one channel, but if you want to monitor multiple channels they have a subscription service. This allows for you to have a real-time online dashboard to observe the systems energy monitoring. Using the Web Bridge through Current Cost allows you to have access to your data through their open API, so you can retrieve your data and use it with other applications if desired. This hardware is specifically targeted to the Current Cost Website. See the product details here.
NetSmart Web Bridge - Currently Unavailable $69
USB Cable for raw data output to computer:
- The computer cable connects the Envi monitor to a computer via the USB port.
- This special cable uses a prolific chipset that converts serial data for USB transmission
- The cable is 10 feet long.
- A special driver must be installed on the computer.
- This option gives raw data in XML format. If you are a programmer or software designer then this option may be for you. For easy graphing and charting we recommend the NetSmart Webridge or the Gateway, and we recommend this cord ONLY for advanced users and software developers.
- Current Drivers and advanced software options
- Installing the drivers for the Current Cost Data Cable
- Envi XML description
- Prolific USB cord Driver Instructions Windows 7 and 8 Hack
USB cable- CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE - $12
Current Cost’s meter for measuring the flashing LED light on LED meters and smart meters. Make sure your meter works correctly with the Optismart meter by visiting the list of compatible meters. OptiSmart is not compatible with PV/micro generation. It also must be installed in a weather proof environment. It is not recommended to install this meter where the rain can get to it. For a fully functioning system you will also need to purchase a display.
OptiSmart - $69
Internet Gateway w/transmitter, 2 CT clamps (no display)
This gateway is sold with a transmitter (and 2 CT clamps) in place of the display AND NetSmart WebBridge. The gateway connects straight to your internet access and the only display of your energy data will be from the CurrentCost website. The Gateway connects to a router with an Ethernet cable and sends all usage information to the Current Cost Web portal. The Internet Gateway can receive and send data from up to 10 individual sensors.
Internet Gateway - CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE- $169
Extra CT clamp
- CT clamps surround an electric wire and measure the strength of the magnetic field that is created as electricity flows through the wires. The clamps have a maximum rating of 300 amps and 600 Volts. They can be used on any wire up to 1 inch in diameter.
- The CT clamps come with a spiral cord and plug into the transmitter.
- How may clamps do you need?
- One Clamp if you want to measure a single 120 volt cable such as a single lightening circuit.
- Two Clamps if you want to measure a 240 volt circuit (used for the main, hot water heater, large appliances).
- 300Amps, 600v maximum.
- Accommodates 30 mm (over 1 inch) cables.
- Three Clamps for 208/277 and 480 Volt Three Phase installations.
CT clamp - $20
- Product Size: 9.3cm x 12cm (base) x 15.5 cm
- Viewable Screen: 7.3cm x 9cm
- Retail Package Size: 35cm x 17cm x 5.5cm
- Internal Power Requirement: Mains block adapter (nominal 1.0 watt)
- Display power supply UL listed.
- Physical Format: Table-top
- Energy Monitored: Electricity (gas, LPG, oil in development)
- Receiver: 433MHz SRD band
- Communication Platform: C2 architecture
- Sensor Coding Recognition: 10 channel (each three input potential)
- Recognition Method: User Initiated – seeks 4,096 possibilities
- Number of Permitted Sensors: Ten (x3 input)
- Display: Liquid Crystal segmented display
- Backlight: No
- LCD mode: Positive reflective -12:00 view
- Main services: Energy, Kwh and Dollars
- Subordinate Services: Clock time (24hr), room temperature WT
- Display clock on this model has a known issue and is NOT accurate
- 24 hour rolling consumption (bar graph) display (social division into 3 x 8hr periods)
- PC connection for streaming data for seven years historical data.
- Software code: starting Vx.09
- Tariff pre-set at prevailing rate (issued by the purchaser). Adjustable to $99.9
Extra Display - $59
Web Bridge Upgrade
For customers who are tracking their energy usage using a web bridge and want to upgrade their web bridge to monitor multiple channels (beyond the first free channel) we have a remote upgrade option. This option only works for web bridges purchased after September 2011. Web bridges purchased before that date must be manually mailed in (to England) for a flash upgrade. There are two options, the NetSmart (3 additional channels for a total of 4), or the NetSmart Pro (9 additional channels for a total of 10). You can purchase the upgrade here, but will need to send in a photograph of the serial number on the back of your web bridge so that we can proceed with the upgrade.
NetSmart Web Bridge Upgrade
Wireless Energy data Transmitter (w/2 CT clamps) for 2GIG GO! Control Systems
This transmitter and CT clamp bundle are designed specifically for the 2GIG Go!Control Security and Automation Panel system which has communication protocols for this wireless energy transmitter. 2GigGo!TransmitterInstallationGuide. Instructions for installing the Z-wave Energy Bridge.